6 Types Of Body Fat And How To Get Rid Of It
The thing about obesity is that it’s not just a black and white issue, there are a million shades of gray which complicate things and make it harder for us to understand it! Obesity can happen as a result of a number of reasons which is why there are a number of ways in which you can treat it and resolve the problem. That’s why some methods work for some while not for others, that’s why your friend was able to shed that extra weight with that diet but you couldn’t drop a pound doing the same things.
This was even backed by science, confirmed by a recent Yorkshire Health Study. They examined a group of 4,000 obese adults and managed to divide them into six distinct groups.
- Young healthy females – obese women who generally had fewer obesity-related complications, like type 2 diabetes
- Heavy-drinking males – just like the previous group but with higher alcohol intake
- Unhappy and anxious middle-aged – this group was mostly consisted of women with poor mental health and wellbeing.
- Affluent and healthy elderly – overall in good health, but with symptoms of higher alcohol intake and hypertension
- Physically sick but happy elderly – elderly suffering from more chronic diseases, like osteoarthritis for example but in good mental condition
- Poorest health – a group of the most economically deprived with the highest number of chronic diseases
The findings and conclusions from this study are essential to understanding the underlying causes of obesity because understanding what caused it in the first place can shed light on how we can defeat it. This is a major breakthrough in obesity treatment, but there still a lot of research needed to further confirm these findings.
You may think that the pictures above, have nothing to do with this study but the truth is that understanding where one holds weight is crucial to losing it as well.
There are two types of body fat distribution: Android and Gynoid
PositiveMed defines these terms as:
“An ‘android’ fat distribution pattern is so called because more men than women exhibit it. You may have heard it described as an ‘apple’ body type when the waist circumference is greater than that of the hips.”
“A ‘gynoid’ distribution is most commonly seen in women. This is what many call the ‘pear’ body shape. In this pattern, hip circumference is greater than waist circumference.”http://waytonaturelife.com/index.php/2017/04/16/6-types-body-fat-get-rid/http://waytonaturelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/6-types-of-body-fat-and-the-easiest-ways-to-shed-the-pounds-0011-990x520.jpeghttp://waytonaturelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/6-types-of-body-fat-and-the-easiest-ways-to-shed-the-pounds-0011-990x520-150x150.jpegDiet & Weight Lose