A Recipe for Turmeric Juice: A Powerful Healing Beverage
Turmeric is widely known for its numerous benefits. It contains anti-inflammatory properties which make it good for treatment of bones joint as well as from preventing the development of several types of cancer.
Among this by consuming turmeric you will get the following benefits: it will cleanse you kidney from toxins, boost your metabolism, keeps you away from depression, psoriasis, some skin diseases and arthritis.
All this healing properties are the reason why it is ubiquitous both in Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine.
If after reading this you would like to start consuming turmeric in the following text we will provide you with a recipe of a turmeric juice.
- raw honey
- 2 lemons
- 5-7 inches turmeric
- 5-7 tamarind
And you will also need the following: blender, strainer, bowl and mason jar(s) or other glass jar with lid.
- First of all peel the turmeric. (You will notice that your hands are yellow, but it is not a big thing since it yellow color will disappear with any kind of soap).
- Open the tamarind and get all the inner roots off. For this recipe you will need only the inner fruit.
- Next, take a big pot and fill it with water. Add the turmeric into it and put it on stove, leaving it to boil for about 20 minutes. Take it off from the stove once the water gets marigold color.
- While it boils, simultaneously put one inch water in a pan together with the previously peeled tamarind. Stir it with a wooden utensil until it dissolves completely into a jam like texture. In case it looks dry put some water to it. When the texture looks soft turn off the heat.
- Now add some cold water to the turmeric water in order to cool it down. After that put it into a blender together with the turmeric. It will have more flavor, since we boiled it. In the end you should get something that will look like an extra fiery marigold.
- Pour substance into the strainer that is placed on top of a small bowl to catch the tamarind. Strain the jam since you only need to use the soft part of the fruit.
- Now put together the turmeric water and the tamarind in a blender, and blend it for some time.
- The procedure is nearing the end. Squeeze the lemon into the blender and that is. Now put the yummy juice into your mason jar(s). If toy want you can now also add some honey. Close the jar and shake it.
- Keep it store in this way in the fridge for 3 or 4 day, and consume it every day.